Winners Community and Social Services Award
Posted 13th May
Friday 13 May
Winners – Community and Social Services Award
Liberty has won the Community and Social Services category in the Greater Port Macquarie Business Awards for the second time running.
The Management Team were honoured to accept the award on behalf of our whole team in front of a crowd of 500 people at the postponed 2021 Awards Gala held on Friday 13 May at Panthers.
CEO Kelly Lamb said it is such an honour to have Liberty’s important work of improving the lives of local women and children recognised and congratulated by our community.
“Many people approached us to offer genuine gratitude for the work of our service and it is heartening to know our work is seen, appreciated and valued,” Mrs Lamb said.
Highlights of Liberty’s 2021 Award Submission were:
- Celebrated 40 years of supporting families in the Port Macquarie-Hastings region to live free from violence
- Recognised for our innovative and effective COVID-19 response which enabled us to continue to keep women and children safe throughout the pandemic and lockdowns, as featured in the Specialist Homelessness Services Industry Partnership Sector Spotlight
- Accreditation in the Australian Service Excellence Standards with a score of 100% compliance
- Improved cultural competency and service to Aboriginal families through engagement of Aunty Rhonda as a Cultural Advisor, commissioned our Galbaan Wakulda artwork and week-long NAIDOC activities
- Liberty Safe Pets program officially launched by former Minister for the Prevention of Domestic and Family Violence Mark Speakman
- Launched Workplace Training and Development Program, Everybody’s Business
- Secured funding for the development of the Liberty Links Mobile Outreach Service
- Participated in the Port Macquarie Base Hospital Domestic Violence Routine Screening in Emergency Departments Pilot
- Strengthened service partnerships through Chairing the DV Committee, hosting Conversations in the Chair, co-locating with DCJ and CHL and a number of local resilience and wellbeing committees
- Connected with our community as host or co-host of #WalkInWhite, #SeeingRed, Reclaim the Night, Homelessness Week, ArtWalk, CWA Awareness Week, Neighbourhood Family Fun Day and the Women’s Festival.
Caption – Michelle Parker, Donna Harper, Kelly Lamb, Brooke Maggs and Tracy Brenton accept the Community and Social Services award